Money

While doing some research I stumbled across a wonderful website for students to utilize. Just click on the site called 18th century money.  Once you go there you can do a variety of activities. You can choose what class you belong to - aristocratic, middling, or a peasant. There are denominations and trade values.  One part I liked was there are pictures of items you would purchase and how much they cost. Once you decide how much money you have to spend, you can then go shopping. It will calculate how much everything will cost. You can even choose the quantity of each item. How I wish I had this site when I was in Williamsburg and trying to decide what George Washington would purchase with his 50 pounds.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. Let's give a big Huzzah! to the University of Michigan for this fun and educational site.

Mrs. Hoffman

No comments: