Documenting My Journey

Today is the first step in my journey into the past. I spent the day reading The American Revolution - a history by Gordon S Wood. Of course many of us have learned all about the American Revolution in school but I doubt any of us have read such an expansive collection of facts before. I took 14 pages of notes. To most of my students, this would seem impossible, but if I want to bring the history of our country to my students, then I must be sure to do the research proper attention.

I was told to think about the following question - What does it mean to be a United States citizen OR How would you define the character of a United States citizen?

Both questions deserve proper contemplation and introspection.  So, while I mull this over in my brain, I want you to do the same thing.  Think about the above two questions.  Write down your answer and share it with me. I have a feeling our answers will be similar.

I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: